Picasso in the Sand - Doddis Beach
Friday, January 15th, 2021
Grab your bucket and spade and let’s make some ART in the sand!
Let the kids explore the natural treasures of the beach by building sandcastles, sculptures, writing words in the sand and creating fun pictures using shells, sticks, leaves, driftwood, seaweed and whatever else we can find!
- Sausage sizzle lunch provided from 11am - 11:45am at the barbecues on the grass
- Sensory development - Moulding sand into different shapes and objects promotes creativity and imagination
- Development of fine motor skills
- Children are engaging their proprioceptive sense, or the sense of their body relative to space.
- Writing words in the sand offers a chance to develop language skills.
- Hand & eye coordination - the younger kids watching the older kids, copying, doing and coordinating these actions.
- Socialization – children love sand so it creates a great gathering place that encourages children to communicate, work together, share, be creative and witness other children being creative
- Age group: Toddlers 1-4yrs (siblings of all ages welcome)
- Price: FREE
- Time: 9am-11am on the Beach
- Place: Doddi’s Beach, a bit further down (left of the park)
- Look for the shade gazebo!
- Meet new people & make new friends!
Bring swimsuits, towels, hats and sunscreen! All children must be accompanied by an adult.
More Information (91.7 The Wave is not responsible for external websites)
Halls Head Parade
The event runs from 9:00am to 11:00am on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.