A man has been charged after allegedly breaching controlled waters around the Royal Australian Navy base on Garden Island.
Acting on information from the Navy Security Force, the AFP, along with WA Water Police, searched the man's vessel on Thursday, October 12.
The boat, which the man lives on, was moored off Mangles Bay.
AFP officers also seized a dinghy which they allege was used to enter the naval waters at HMAS Stirling last month.
The man has been charged with breaching controlled naval waters and is due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court today.
AFP Detective Sergeant Fleur Jennings said police would allege the man had repeatedly loitered in the protected area.
“The restricted waters are a 1km zone surrounding HMAS Stirling. The controlled Naval Waters are monitored by Navy and marked by buoys, which sound audible warnings from ashore if someone enters the area,” Detective Sergeant Jennings said.
“The AFP and Navy takes the breaching of this zone seriously and will act when offences are identified.
“Authorities monitor this area because of the national security risk and that’s why we will investigate any alleged deliberate attempts to enter these waters.”
Man fined thousands for keeping dozens of undersize blue swimmer crabs caught off Coodanup Foreshore
2026 Mandurah Arts Festival to feature month-long program of performances, workshops
Candidates locked-in for Rockingham council vacancy
Man charged over alleged cruelty towards German Shepherd in Baldivis
Calls for improved safety after three major crashes on Forrest Highway in West Pinjarra
Rockingham Flames crowned 2026 NBL1 West champions
Early voting for Secret Harbour by-election begins Monday
Welfare concerns for missing Swedish national last seen in Warnbro
Wanted man last seen in Golden Bay