Local community groups, sporting clubs and non-profit organisations with community focused projects can now apply for a new round of grants from the City of Mandurah.
The community grants are offered in two streams – the Community Grants and the Partnership Community Grant.
Through the Community Grants, community groups can apply for one-off funding up to $5000 for their projects.
The Partnership Grant provides up to three years’ funding for organisations providing essential social services and programs to the community, especially where there is a gap in services.
From arts and community gardens to sports and theatre, the last round of grants helped more than 20 groups deliver a range of projects that support local people.
Mayor Rhys Williams said the grant funding goes a long way towards supporting local groups to connect the community through a range of projects.
“Through the previous round of community grants earlier this year, we’ve distributed more than $260,000 to a diverse range of local groups, helping to rebuild community connections after the fallout from the pandemic,” he said.
“As we continue Mandurah’s transformation, we’re encouraging more groups and organisations to apply for the funding, as we recognise the vital role they play in creating a vibrant and resilient community.”
The City is looking to support community groups with projects that:
- Increase volunteering, including capacity and training
- Build capacity of community organisations and resident associations
- Support Mandurah’s vulnerable communities
- Improve access to technology for education and training
- Celebrate and encourage cultural diversity and social inclusion
- Create opportunities for localised smaller scale events (within guidelines of government restrictions)
- Build capacity and support leadership opportunities in Youth Development
- Celebrate Mandurah through arts and culture, and
- Build neighbourhood connections.
Applications for the Community Grants and the Partnership Community Grants are now open and will close on Thursday, August 26.
For information on applications, go to mandurah.wa.gov.au/grantsandsponsorship
Applicants should read the guidelines on the website for more information and all applications must be submitted online.
To discuss a grant idea, contact a Community Development Officer on 9550 3850 or email email@example.com