A father and son have come forward as the owner of a Monday Lotto ticket worth $1 million.
The Rockingham family's routine 18-game playslip from Waterfront News Gifts and Lottery Centre was a mixture of birthday numbers.
“Dad said, “These numbers look familiar” and I said hold your horses, let’s make sure you’re not losing the plot,” the son said.
“I finished my old job in the pursuit of a career change, which was halted due to COVID-19.
“This win now gives me time to get a head start in setting up my own business.”
Lotterywest spokesperson Hermione Coleman said there’s now $100 million up for grabs across Powerball and OZ Lotto.
“For the last month, no one across the nation has been able to match the winning numbers for Tuesday’s OZ Lotto draw resulting in the game climbing to an incredible $50 million jackpot,” Ms Coleman said.
“It joins tonight's $50 million Powerball draw, making it a combined $100 million on offer.
“We would love to see a Western Australian in our Winners Room following these two draws.”
Tickets for tonight's Powerball jackpot are available until 6pm tonight from Lotterywest in-store, online or through the app.
International chef Diana Chan announced as Mandurah Crab Fest culinary ambassador
One Nation issues statement after former Secret Harbour candidate shares same name as accused terrorist
Alleged Mandurah spa thief wanted for questioning
Meadow Springs man accused of threatening to kill Prime Minister, NSW Premier appears in court
Mandurah couple to retire early, buy holiday home, give to charity after $2 million Lotto win
Symphony on the Green returns to Rockingham's Village Green
Applications open for 2026 Pinjarra Festival
Teen boys among those charged over alleged plan to attack Rockingham tobacco store
Female passenger dies after horror Kwinana Freeway crash