Man suffers burns in Yallingup barbecue fire

A man has been rushed to hospital with burns after a barbecue caught on fire in Yallingup.

Emergency services were called to Smiths Beach Road just before 9.30am on Monday with reports of a gas explosion.

A DFES spokesperson said it involved a barbecue.

The rescue helicopter was sent to the scene but was later stood down.

A man was taken by ambulance on priority to Busselton Hospital with burns and a woman was also conveyed to hospital suffering from shock.

More from Local News

Fuel Watch
  • 152.9: X Convenience Erskine
  • 152.9: Caltex Woolworths Falcon
  • 152.9: Caltex Woolworths Mandurah Forum
  • 152.9: Caltex Woolworths Mandurah
  • 153.5: Vibe Mandurah