Organised Crime Squad detectives seized over 1.7kg of Methylamphetamine and two firearms on Thursday 31 January 2019, as part of an investigation targeting the supply and distribution of illicit drugs.
About 5:00pm two search warrants were executed at residences in Golden Bay, one in Arizona Parade and the other in Bullardoo Way.
It will be alleged the search of the Bullardoo Way residence resulted in $49,500 cash and other items of interest being located.
It will be alleged the search of the Arizona Parade residence resulted in just over 1.79kg of Methylamphetamine, 142g of MDMA, $33,900 cash, steroids and two firearms being located.
A 27-year-old man from Golden Bay has been charged with:
- Possess a Prohibited Drug with Intent to Sell or Supply (Methylamphetamine)
- Possess a Prohibited Drug with Intent to Sell or Supply (MDMA)
- Possess a Prohibited drug (Steroids)
- 2 x Possess Firearm in Circumstances of Aggravation
- Having Ready Access to Both Weapons and Illegal Drugs
- Unlicensed Person Possess Firearm/Ammunition
- Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property ($33,900 cash).
He was refused bail and is due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court on, Friday 1 February 2019.
Several other people were charged as part of the operation.