WA Police have begun a second cold case review into the murder of 11-year-old Gerard Ross.
Special Crime division Detective Superintendent Rod Wilde and Police Minister Michelle Roberts made the announcement on Saturday, confirming the reinvestigation of the murder started in February this year.
Gerard was on a family holiday in Rockingham when he was abducted on Kent Street on October 14, 1997.
He was walking down the road behind his brother and arranged to meet him at a comic book store, but never arrived.
Gerard's body was found two weeks later in the Karnup pine plantation.
WA Police are now vowing to reinvestigate all 1300 people linked to the Newman boy's murder.
“We’re going back over everything we have,” Supt Wilde said.
“Forensically that involves every item we’ve seized in relation to crime scenes and searches that we’ve conducted at suspects houses over the period of time.
“We’re going back and we’re looking at all of the evidence, forensic evidence and everything that witnesses have told us.”
The first cold case review was conducted in 2014 before Cold Case Homicide Detectives issued an appeal for information in 2017.
The State Government also announced a $250,000 reward for any information relating to the case on the anniversary of Gerard's disappearance last year.
International chef Diana Chan announced as Mandurah Crab Fest culinary ambassador
One Nation issues statement after former Secret Harbour candidate shares same name as accused terrorist
Alleged Mandurah spa thief wanted for questioning
Meadow Springs man accused of threatening to kill Prime Minister, NSW Premier appears in court
Mandurah couple to retire early, buy holiday home, give to charity after $2 million Lotto win
Symphony on the Green returns to Rockingham's Village Green
Applications open for 2026 Pinjarra Festival
Teen boys among those charged over alleged plan to attack Rockingham tobacco store
Female passenger dies after horror Kwinana Freeway crash