A 33-year-old from Ballajura has been charged with six offences after failing to stop for police overnight.
Around 8:40pm Monday night officers spotted a Toyota Camry travelling at speed along Hepburn Avenue in Kingsley.
It is alleged the car almost collided with another vehicle as it proceeded through the roundabout at the intersection of Hepburn Avenue and Gelgarry Drive.
Police then turned on their emergency lights and sirens and attempted to stop the vehicle.
It is alleged the driver failed to stop and continued through several suburbs before running through a red light at the intersection of Hepburn Avenue and Mitchell Freeway.
It is further alleged as the Camry attemped to turn from Hepburn Avenue into Gibson Avenue in Padbury it collided with a Suzuki Swift.
The female driver of the Suzuki did not receive any injuries.
Police then apprehended the driver of the Camry and took him into custody.
The 33-year-old man has been charged with:
- Reckless driving speeding by 45km/h or more on a length of road to escape pursuit
- Fail to stop when directed by police officer
- No authority to drive
- Possessed any drug paraphernalia in or on which there was a prohibited drug or plant
- Possess a prohibited drug
- Driver contravene red traffic control signal
He is due to face Joondalup Magistrates Court today.