Mandurah Detectives have charged two men in relation to a series of burglaries, stealing and damage incidents targeting commercial businesses in the Mandurah district during June and July 2019.
The incidents include:
1. Sunday 2 June 2019: Damage caused to a tavern in Wannanup
2. Sunday 2 June 2019: A burglary at a fast food restaurant in Falcon
3. Monday 17 June 2019: An attempted burglary and stealing incident at a car wash
business in Erskine
4. Friday 28 June 2019: A burglary at a fast food restaurant in Erskine
5. Friday 28 June 2019: A second burglary at the same fast food restaurant in Erskine
Yesterday, Thursday 11 July 2019 a number of search warrants were executed, with several items and vehicles of interest to the investigation located and seized. Items were also seized that were identified as being linked to another stealing incident in Mandurah. Two men were
arrested at a residence in Cooper Street, Mandurah.
A 26-year-old man from Dudley Park and a 24-year-old man from Halls Head have both been charged with:
- Criminal Damage
- 2 x Aggravated Burglary and Commit
- Aggravated Burglary with Intent
- Attempted Aggravated Burglary
- 3 x Stealing
The 26-year-old man has also been charged with Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property. The 24-year-old man has also been charged with No Authority to Drive, Used an Unlicensed Vehicle on a Road, and Possess a Controlled Weapon.
Both men were refused bail and are due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court today, Friday 12 July 2019.